Medical coding is the first step in the medical billing process. At India Healthcare Solutions, all coders are AAPC certified and work under the guidance and supervision of a team of expert physicians. Our team is composed of veterans who have been working with us for more than 16 years and have the capacity to handle every scenario.
Our coders follow the ICD-10 guidelines accurately incorporating recent changes, updates and recommendations. A well-established multi-tier system of expert review rules out the possibility of any error. Medical records are accessed through an encrypted and secure VPN. All documents are organized, split into manageable batches, and reviewed several times by a different group of experts before further processing, to ensure 100% accuracy. These documents are then reorganized, scanned for readability, and delegated to coders.
Over the years, our standardized practices have been honed to deliver services of exceptional quality, helping us retain clients and grow continuously in the market.
- CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS, and DRG coding across various specialties
- Strict compliance with all insurance and government regulatory requirements
- Proficiency with different payer-specific coding requirements
- Code modifications to incorporate carrier-specific requirements
- Secure Data Access through encrypted VPN network
- Continued education and robust auditing practices
- Follow industry best practices in EHR implementation
- Vast experience in the field, minimal denials or delays
- Dedicated team for diligent quality control
How do we code?
Medical Coding is one of the most sensitive processes of the Revenue Cycle Management process, understanding this, India Healthcare Solutions approaches it as follows:
- Focus on accurate and reliable coding practices, implementation of industry best practices for coding with transparent and standardized methodology
- Coders have complete access to a continuously updated KBD (Knowledge Based Documents) library that provides all relevant information and minimizes errors, resulting in cleaner claim processing
- Coding reviews and audits, complete documentation with customizable and standard reports
- Every error in the past has been documented, procedures have been modified with a strong focus on continuous process improvement which has brought amazingly positive results
- Using superior technology to optimize service delivery and improve efficiency
- Ongoing interaction and consultation with physicians, healthcare providers and insurance carriers to streamline operations
- Consistently achieving accuracy levels of 97-98% whilst remaining compliant with all government regulations
We ensure that our clients are not bothered with the complexities of coding, helping them focus on developing core competencies by effectively providing comprehensive, consistent, accurate and reliable coding services.
Industry coding standards followed at IHS:
- Procedure Codes (CPT: Current Procedural Terminology)
- Diagnosis Codes (ICD: International Classification of Disease)
- Dental Procedure Codes (CDT: Current Dental Terminology)
- Other Procedure Codes (HCPCS: Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System)
- Drug Codes (NDC: National Drug Codes)
- Coding for Inpatient Services (ICD)